The Ravens are off to a solid start this season, so this week we’re headed up to Baltimore for some solid game day feasting. Everyone’s a fan of Maryland crab cakes, but like Weddle said “This ain’t the same Ravens”, so we’re putting our own Office Jockeys twist on the Maryland classic. That’s right, we’re making crab cake tacos, aka Flaccos Tacos.
Crab cakes as a taco? Sounds weird right? But don’t doubt it because this recipe will blindside your taste buds so hard it might get recruited by Sandra Bullick to play for the Ravens next season. It’s like the famous Raven once said:
Better than you’ve had before
Better than you buy at any store
Try it once and you’ll know for sure
Another recipe you’ll need “Nevermore”
[Poe style poem in a food post? They said it couldn’t be done yet here I am. Burn the white suit because I’m killin’ it right now]
Why are we so excited about this recipe? Because Crab Cakes and Football, that’s what Maryland does Best!
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 ½ tablespoon dry breadcrumb
- 1 ¾ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- taco shells
- Lettuce (shredded)
- Yellow Onions diced
- Tomato diced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, Dijon mustard, old bay seasoning, egg, dry breadcrumb, and 1 ½ tablespoon mayonnaise.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Put crab meat mixture into skillet and cook 7 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, lemon juice, parsley, and ¼ mayonnaise.
Assemble to Taco
- Spread sauce on the inside of taco shell
- Add cooked crab meat
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions
- Top with more sauce
Make sure to dine in style and snag yourself a Diet Starts Tomorrow Tank
Categories: Diet Starts Tomorrow