They say everything is bigger in Texas. Well this week we aim to make your waistline a little bigger. Dallas is best known for it’s barbecue, but let’s face it, you have neither the tools or the steady hands to make a barbecue dish quite like you’ll find at the Pecan Lodge. That shouldn’t stop you from chowing down on some BBQ food while watching your Cowboys play. Here’s a simple yet delicious BBQ recipe that’ll make cheating on your diet worth it.
- 1 pound chicken
- 8 oz grated cheese
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 28 oz bag of frozen French fries
- Your favorite Texas style BBQ sauce
- Slice meat (uncooked) into cubes. Put in a container and cover with bbq sauce. Let marinate for a few hours (not necessary but recommended).
- Follow cooking instructions for frozen French fries (remember to grease cooking sheet first). Leave in oven until just about done
- While fries are cooking, cook marinated chicken in a skillet. When almost complete, add ¼ red onion to skillet to cook with chicken.
- When fries are complete, take out of oven. Add half the bag of cheese and mix through fries. Cover with chicken and red onion mix, top with the remaining cheese and some more red onion.
- Place Fries and Chicken mixture back into oven for 10 more minutes, until cheese is melted not browned.
- Remove from oven and garnish with ranch and bbq sauce (as much as you’d like)
Make sure to dine in style and snag yourself a Diet Starts Tomorrow Tank