Philadelphia is widely considered the birthplace to many of this nation’s greatest creations including but not limited to American Independence and Democracy, the first university (therefore college debt), and of course the Fresh Prince, Will Smith. But among all these, we at Office Jockeys favor one creation over all others: The famous Philly Cheesesteak.
This greasy, cheesy, melt in your mouth meaty sandwich will definitely violate your diet in every way possible, yet somehow make you feel Mark Wahlberg Invincible. The reigning Superbowl champs have the week off, but that’s not stopping the gang from heading to the place where It’s Always Sunny to chow down on their greatest export. Just like our Founding Fathers once did in this great city years ago, peep the recipe below and declare your independence from a boring diet.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced into strips)
- 1 pound thinly sliced ribeye
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Provolone cheese (2 slices)
- 1 garlic minced
- Sub Rolls
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook on medium heat peppers, onions, and half of minced garlic for about 7 minutes or until onions are translucent and peppers are soft. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook on medium heat steak slices, remaining garlic, and one tablespoon butter for 7 minutes or until browned. If a lot of juices, drain skillet.
- Add back in peppers and onions mixture and combine thoroughly. Add in tablespoon of butter and top with provolone cheese. Cover skillet and let sit for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice open sub rolls and place philly cheesesteak mixture in roll.
- Finish roll and make yourself another. You deserve it.