The city of Cleveland has many great accomplishments. It’s the birthplace of Superman, Chef Boyardee, indoor shopping malls, the term “Rock and Roll”, and the modern day golf ball. It’s also home to a river that has caught fire 13 times (didn’t think that was even possible which makes it all the more impressive). All these accomplishments, however, seem to be overshadowed by the dismal performance of their notoriously bad football team, the Cleveland Browns.
What the rest of the world may not know, is that whatever the city lacks in football talent they make up for with their cuisine. The food choices here are in no way healthy, but they won’t upset your diet anymore than the Browns upset their fans. So this week, we’re not betting on the Browns, we’re just feasting like Browns fans as we stuff our faces with “The Polish Boy”. This Cleveland classic will have your taste buds begging for more while your diet cries, “dear god please stop”. The Polish Boy is a messy treat for a messy season, so indulge today because the diet starts tomorrow.
- Hot Dog Buns
- Kielbasa Sausages
- 16 oz bag Tri Color Coleslaw mix
- 12 fl oz Marie’s Coleslaw Dressing
- String Cut French Fries
- BBQ Sauce
- Cook French fries per instructions on package.
- In a large bowl, mix coleslaw mix with about ¾ of Marie’s Coleslaw Dressing. Set aside for about 30 minutes to an hour
- In a skillet, cook kielbasa sausages on medium heat for about 15 – 20 minutes (or until cooked all the way through).
- Insert Kielbasa sausage in hot dog bun. Top with French Fries, then coleslaw, and finish with some BBQ sauce.
- Put on an apron before eating. It’s gonna be a messy one folks.
Categories: Diet Starts Tomorrow