Los Angeles. A city where the weather is as beautiful as the movie stars who venture there to make their start in the world. It’s a place that we associate with the “too good to be true” lifestyle we’ve come to envy as we watch our heroes in shows like Entourage and Californication. It’s no wonder every team in professional sports wants to move there, and we’re going with them. As you can tell from our Sexless in Seattle section, we’re not going there to hook up with models. We’re going for the food.
Entertainment may be their greatest export, but the city of LA has an abundance of great food options. Rumor has it, that it’s even the birthplace of that meaty dose of deliciousness called the French Dip. You wanna be a star? Then dip that sandwich into that Au Jus and feast on that greasy goodness. It’ll definitely destroy your waste line but hey, that’s showbiz baby.
- 1 pound deli sliced roast beef
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Hoagie Rolls
- Provolone Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add in onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Remove 3/4 of the onions and set aside for later. Add in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. bring to a boil and then simmer for about ten minutes.
- Place roast beef slices in broth for 1 -2 minutes or until browned.
- Cut hoagie rolls in half. Place meat on bun. Top with onions (set aside from earlier), provolone cheese and other half of bun.
- Broil in Oven at about 400 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer Broth to a bowl or eat over the pot. Dip sandwich in broth and let your tastebuds know what the city of angels tastes like.
Categories: Diet Starts Tomorrow