The sports world is going crazy over the 69 yard touchdown that gave the Miami Dolphins the win over the New England Patriots. What’s being coined as the Miracle in Miami has the city in everyone’s mind, and you know what? We’re thinking about it, too. With beautiful beaches, beautiful women, and beautiful weather all year round, what’s not to love about Miami. Shit, I’m listening to the Will Smith classic right now as I write this.
While Miami’s sports history is something to marvel at, us Office Jockeys are interested in only one thing on the Game Day Series: food. Fun Fact: Miami is home to the first ever Burger King. We could show you how to make your own Whopper, but as a former BK lounge employee, I can tell you from experience that you deserve much better. Instead we’re heading to the city where the heat is on all night on the beach till the break of dawn to experience a culinary miracle: the Cuban Sandwich. Miami has plenty of vices but we’re only interested in one, so slip into that bathing suit and get ready to feast cuz we’re in Miami Bitch!
- 1/2 pound Sliced tavern ham
- 1/2 pound Mojo Pork
- Swiss Cheese
- Fresh Baguette Bread
- Yellow Mustard
- Dill Pickles slices
- Slice open bread and spread mustard on both top and bottom halves. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt 1/2 a tablespoon of butter and heat up the ham for about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set on bottom slice of bread.
- In the same skillet, melt 1/2 a tablespoon of butter and heat up Mojo pork for about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set on top of ham from step 2.
- Next add dill pickles and Swiss cheese slices to sandwich. Close sandwich and butter outsides of both bottom and top slices of bread.
- Press and grill sandwich for about 10 minutes or until browned. I used a George Foreman grill but if you don’t have one, place sandwich on medium heat in skillet and use another heavy pot to apply pressure and press sandwich.
- Remove from grill and bite into that crispy miracle.