It’s our first Game Day Series post of the New Year and we can’t think of a better place to start than by heading to the nation’s capital. Sure your new diet is 3 days strong, but just like the government, we’re shutting that diet down! Although our nation’s leader resides in D.C., that leadership does not carry over into the NFL. The Redskins may not have won the Superbowl in a while, but they do offer something much more Super: Stoney’s Super Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This sandwich takes a childhood favorite and ramps it up to be the ultimate game day favorite. Luckily, you don’t need to become an elected official to enjoy. You can easily replicate this at home and kiss that New Year’s diet goodbye. Well only for this weekend, the diet can start tomorrow.
- Sliced Bread ( I used Mountain Bread)
- American Cheese (sliced)
- Red Onions (Sliced)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a skillet, over medium heat cook the sliced onions for about 15 minutes or until caramelized. Set aside.
- Cook bacon per heating instructions. Set aside.
- Butter the outside of the bread, add 4 or more slices of American cheese, add onions, bacon, tomatoes, and additional 4 or more slices of cheese. Close sandwich and place on skillet.
- Over medium heat, cook each side about 5 minutes, or until toasty and cheese is melted.
Categories: Diet Starts Tomorrow