We all know Seattle to be that rainy state tucked all the way up in the top left corner of the U.S. filled with a bunch of hippies. We know it’s where two major companies started their quest for world domination (Amazon and Starbucks). We know many people can be either Sleepless or Sexless in Seattle. And many sports fans know the Seattle Seahawks, unfortunately this year it won’t be as the Superbowl champs. But what I bet you didn’t know, is that those rain lovin hippies created what has become the most surprisingly delicious cheat meal I have ever encountered.
There’s the age old debate: What do you put on your hot dog? Mustard? Ketchup? Cream Cheese? I’m sorry, come again? I never heard of something so vile in all my days. Cream cheese doesn’t belong on a hot dog, it belongs on a bagel! I wish someone would bless the rains up in Seattle to fix these people’s minds because they need our help.
Reluctantly, I tried it for myself, and I’ll admit it. I was wrong. Every bite left me in complete shock. It’s not logical. It’s not right. But for some reason, the combo just works. With every bite, my mind cries no but my body screams yes. What can I say? The stomach wants what it wants. Recipe below. Give it a shot.
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Cream Cheese
- One Yellow Onion (sliced)
- Yellow Mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil hot dogs about 5 minutes or until cooked (follow cooking instructions on package if different).
- In a skillet, melt the butter and cook onions over medium heat covered until caramelized (about 15 minutes)
- Spread cream cheese on both insides of the hot dog bun. Add in hot dog, top with yellow mustard and finish with caramelized onions.
- Hold on because you’re entire world is about to get turned upside down.
Categories: Diet Starts Tomorrow