This week we prepare for the Super Bowl, and with that, the end of our Game Day Series. It’s been a hell of a football season filled with cheating and a crippling offensive waist line. We ate together, we cried together, maybe watched some football, and then ate some more. Your team may not have made it to the Super Bowl, you’re never a failure when you eat as good as we did. Though it may seem impossible to top the cheat meals we’ve experienced from each city, we still have one more, and I believe we’ve saved the best for last.
This year, the Super Bowl is hosted in Hotlanta. Chances are you probably don’t recognize the Atlanta Falcons as a Super Bowl winning team, that’s because they have never won the Super Bowl. They came close two years ago, but blew a 21-3 lead going into half time. So you don’t know them for Football, but you certainly know Atlanta for producing greats like Outkast, Ludacris, T.I., Lil Jon and the Ying Yang Twins. And even if you’ve never been, you know the classic rule is Peace Up, A-Town Down.
To celebrate this awesome city and top off our Game Day Series, we’re cooking up an Atlanta Classic from Ann’s Snack Bar: The Ghetto Burger. Arguably the best hamburger in the country, the Ghetto burger is the monstrous cheat meal that will give your diet the knockout punch it deserves. The main ingredients include everything your doctor warned you about, and we’re asking for an extra dose. After Sunday, you can return to that off-season diet, but until then, it’s game time.
- 1 pound ground beef (form into 2 patties)
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can of chili
- 4 slices of bacon (cooked)
- Lettuce (sliced)
- Tomato (sliced)
- Burger Buns (large)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat Chili per instructions on can and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter, and cook burger patties over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Shortly before ready, add 2 slices of cheese per patty and cook until melted.
- On Bottom bun, spread mustard. On top bun spread ketchup and mayo.
- Add Beef Patty, top with some chili and bacon, add second patty and top with some more chili and bacon. Add Lettuce and Tomato and close with top bun.
- Ann’s tradition is to cut this monster in half, otherwise you can’t eat it. We recommend you follow her instructions, and bring plenty of napkins.